As a volunteer for Feeding America West Michigan, you are now a representative of our organization. As such, we ask that you adhere to the dress code our staff follows. The purpose of the dress code is to:
- keep everyone safe
- adhere to food safety guidelines
- accurately represent our organization’s values
Volunteers should dress appropriately for their assignment. If you’re not sure what’s appropriate, please ask! The following should help you determine your attire.
- Closed-toe and closed-heel shoes are required for warehouse work.
- Shorts and skirts should be no shorter than the fingertips when standing in a relaxed posture.
- Pants should not be visibly bagging below the waistline.
- Shirts should cover the midriff, back and chest. Sleeveless shirts and tank tops are not permitted.
- Clothing should not have offensive or inappropriate language or graphics. If you’re questioning wearing something for this reason, it’s best to err on the side of caution and not wear that item.
- Attention should be given to cleanliness (e.g. clothed should be laundered) and safety (e.g. shoes should always be tied). Clothing should not be excessively ripped or torn.
Volunteers who come inappropriately dressed will be asked to change before beginning their volunteer assignment.
Updated in May 2022