Although the weeks to come are full of uncertainties, one thing is for sure: You can count on us and our partners to continue distributing food to those in need. However, in order to serve our neighbors safely and effectively, some modifications to our distribution methods have been made.
We are encouraging our network to continue serving neighbors in need while implementing the following precautions.
Traditional pantries should:
- Switch to serving clients by appointment to discourage large groups of people from being in the same space at the same time.
- Create family-sized food boxes that neighbors can pick up “grab and go” style at the front door instead of coming in to “shop” for items.
- Clean facilities more often than normal and ensure they are keeping track of who sanitized a space and when they did so.
Mobile Pantry hosts should:
- Not cancel their upcoming food distributions, but must switch to a drive-thru model.
- Consider pre-packaging food so it can be loaded into neighbors’ cars quickly.
- Conduct registration verbally from six feet away.
- Cancel any tie-in events.
- Send any questions to ShayK@FeedWM.org.
At this time, we will not be hosting any volunteer groups and Saturday volunteer shifts are suspended. Click the July update below to see how we’re safely bringing back our regular volunteers. Any questions or concerns can be sent to MaggieB@FeedWM.org.
Those in need
If you need food support during this difficult time, click here to find resources near you.
Support our work
If you would like to support our efforts, you can donate here.
COVID-19 Hunger Heroes blog series
Read stories about those fighting hunger during this unprecedented time!