Stories are a powerful tool in fighting hunger.
They inspire people to action, and show neighbors facing similar experiences that they aren’t alone. That’s why we seek out stories and share them on our blog, in newsletters, with grantors and on social media.
We love hearing why and how you fight hunger — so please feel free to submit as many stories as you can, whenever you can, and encourage others to do so, too.
Consider sharing any of the following:
- Your own story of receiving food assistance. Share a sentence or two or go deeper.
- The story of a neighbor who has received food from your program. Why did this neighbor need food and what is their life like now? We appreciate contact info so we can do a follow-up interview with the subject, but this is not necessary.
- Nominate a star volunteer. Let us know why your nominee deserves a spotlight, and include their contact information.
- A memorable experience. Tell us about your experience as a Feeding America West Michigan volunteer.
- The reason you donate. Explain why you support Feeding America West Michigan.
In 2021, your submission may be considered for Feeding America West Michigan’s #40Years40Faces spotlight series. 2021 is our 40th year working together with people like you to serve 40 counties. Throughout the year, we will be honoring people influential to the food bank’s work.
If we decide to write and feature your story on our blog, social media or in our newsletter, we will reach out to you for more information, and may ask to photograph you or create a video. Email Communication Specialist Juliana Ludema at JulianaL@FeedWM.org with any questions.