Welcome, members of the media! Your voices help amplify our mission and fight hunger in West Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. We would appreciate you taking a look through the following files and guidelines before sharing about our work. Thank you for your support!
About Feeding America West Michigan
Serving local families in need since 1981, Feeding America West Michigan reclaims millions of meals’ worth of safe, surplus food from various sources. With the help of countless volunteers, the food bank sorts, stores and distributes this food through a network of hundreds of hunger-relief partners to fill neighbors’ plates instead of landfills. The food bank’s service area consists of 40 of Michigan’s 83 counties from the Indiana border north through the Upper Peninsula. Learn more in About Us.
- In 2021, we provided 24.6 million pounds of food, equaling 20.5 million meals.
- In 2021, we provided 1,481 Mobile Pantries to communities with a high need for food support. See which ones are coming up in your area by visiting our schedule.
- 1 in 8 neighbors are at risk of hunger in our community. For county-level need, please click here.
- Please refer to us as “Feeding America West Michigan” not “Feeding America,” which is the national organization. We’re part of their network of 200 food banks, but when our two brands are conflated, it can create confusion.
- Along those lines, please refer to our Mobile Food Pantry program correctly. These are farmers markets on wheels that bring a variety of fresh produce, dairy and other food directly to neighbors in need, but they are not taco variety “food trucks” — using the incorrect term again could create confusion.
- For other brand tips click this button:
Please reach out if you would like our logo.
- ‘Recipe for Success’ brings cooking demonstrations to U.P. Mobile Pantries - COMSTOCK PARK, Mich., August 1, 2022 — Recipe for Success—a collaborative initiative of Feeding America West Michigan, the Marquette Food Co-op and the NMU Center for Rural Health—is bringing recipe demonstrations to certain Upper Peninsula Mobile Pantries this year, thanks … Continue reading
Molly Kooi (she/her), Communication and Marketing Manager
MollyK@FeedWM.org or 616-432-6974