As many corporate partners have shared with us, joining forces with the food bank helps attract talent, boost employee morale and improve employee retention through teambuilding and leadership development opportunities.
By partnering with Feeding America West Michigan, your company can make an immediate and lasting impact in our community by ensuring food insecure children, seniors, and families receive nutritious food when they need it most.
- Feeding America West Michigan is a fantastic steward of our gifts. We know that our support will be used equitably and efficiently and will have the greatest impact possible.Patrick Longergan, Senior VP
Fifth Third Bank
- We are privileged to partner with Feeding America West Michigan to assist them in providing some needed relief to families during such an unprecedented time.Meghan E. Morelli
4Front Credit Union
- This program has allowed us to financially support our communities and address food insecurity locally. It is our honor to partner with such a great organization.Abby Watteny, Talent Manager
- We thought this was the perfect place to give back to the communities we serve. I think that’s part of the community to be there and help each other.Stacey Lake, Operations Analyst
DTE Gas Renewal Program
As many as 1 in 8 people may be facing hunger in West Michigan.
Businesses from all industries give their time, funds, and resources to Feeding America West Michigan because they see the value in our ultimate goal: to solve hunger.
Be a part of the solution.
Contact Susie Dutcher at SusieD@feedwm.org or (616) 250-3980 to get started.
We realize that every organization is different. Let us work with you to create a customized engagement plan for your organization.
Here are some ways to participate:
Tour The Food Bank
Schedule a tour of the food bank to learn more about what we do and how you can get involved.
Inform Your Employees
Invite our Development Manager to give a brief presentation at your organization.
Get your staff involved in the fight against hunger by volunteering in our warehouse. Go to feedwm.org/volunteer to get started.
Raise awareness by hosting a company food drive. Some of our most needed items include non-perishable protein, fruit, vegetables and grains.
Host a company fundraiser: Sprinkle in some friendly competition between departments to boost engagement.
Give your employees the ability to donate via payroll deductions on a one-time or per-pay-period basis. Consider offering matching gifts to increase your organization’s impact.
Form a cause-marketing partnership with the food bank to increase customer loyalty, drive sales, raise awareness and make a difference.
Help us fight hunger by donating to the food bank’s mission, our Mobile Food Pantry program or to the Fresh Start initiative. Learn more below.
Here are some ways to donate:
Mobile Food Pantries
Nearly 200 agencies bring food directly to people in need through our Mobile Food Pantry program. Mobile Pantries are like farmers markets on wheels — delivering a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, and baked goods to those facing hunger, often on the same day the food is donated.
Our smallest Mobile Pantries (5,000 pounds) can provide several days’ worth of food for up to 100 households. Our largest distributions (20,000 pounds) can provide food for up to 400 households.
Today, Mobile Pantries account for roughly 40% of the food we distribute annually.
The Fresh Start initiative aims to leverage the strength of our community partners to break the cycle of poor nutrition that leads to chronic disease and impaired development.
We will not stand by while 1 in 8 people are at risk to suffer from avoidable health complications.
This new effort is a comprehensive approach to help our neighbors in need lead healthier lives.
Keeping the lights on, the warehouse full and our trucks on the road keeps food on the table for nearly 300,000 food-insecure neighbors in our service area.
- It costs nearly $5.5 million annually to operate the food bank
- We drive over 500,000 miles each year — that’s equivalent to driving coast to coast 167 times!
- Fuel costs more than $210,000 to gather and deliver food
- Food costs $.23 per pound to procure and distribute to neighbors in need
Contact Susie Dutcher today to join us in the fight against hunger.