Overview The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is a federal program that helps supplement the diets of low-income residents by providing them with emergency food and nutrition assistance at no cost. Through TEFAP, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) purchases USDA Foods and makes it available to agencies for distribution.
TEFAP participating agency requirements:
- Complete USDA Agreement form annually
- Display “And Justice For All” poster – must be printed 11×17
- Enter monthly statistics through agency online account. Enter 0 if you have a seasonal program. For more information on how-to enter statics, click here.Post Full-page TEFAP Release – Edit to include your agency name.
- FindFood card for clients
- Provide language support. Download this handy language identification card.
- Civil Rights Training
- One time volunteer
- Staff and repeat volunteer
- Sample Outreach Plan
- Use appropriate intake forms and report statistics monthly through the agency account via FeedWM.org