Are you interested in helping with food security efforts in West Michigan and the Upper Peninsula?
Our partner agencies distribute directly to those in need and are a vital part of the emergency food chain. Feeding America West Michigan provides partner agencies access to low- and no-cost food to distribute to clients. Read below to learn about our requirements for partners and some tips for starting a food program.
Any organization that wishes to partner with Feeding America West Michigan must meet the following requirements prior to beginning the application process:
- Organization is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization or a church located in the food bank service area.
- Independent faith based organizations must complete a letter containing the information necessary to meet the criteria used by the IRS (download worksheet).
- Food bank product will only be utilized as related to agency’s purpose of serving the ill, needy or minor children, and will not be used within the agency or to feed staff or volunteers.
- Facility includes secure and adequate physical storage/preparation/distribution space that is not located in a personal residence.
- Have staff/volunteers who are accountable for record keeping, inventory control, and a system for keeping track of individuals served.
- Have the ability and willingness to access and submit information via the internet on a monthly basis.
- Willing to adhere to food safety guidelines and to complete food safety training.
- $100 non-refundable application fee payable by organization applying for membership. If organization qualifies for partnership $50 will be placed into the agency account. The food bank account must be used within the first 6 months of membership, otherwise the $50 will be forfeited and a new application would be required to reopen the account.
Our application is an Microsoft Word fillable form. Click here to download.
If you need a different format, please email agency.support@FeedWM.org
Supplemental application documents
Mobile agencies must also enroll in our USDA program.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.